Release Notes for Cytoscape 3.10.0
- New selection lasso tool. Hold Ctrl-Shift on Windows/Linux, or Cmd-Shift on Mac, then use the mouse to draw a free-form loop around nodes you wish to select.
- Edge label rotation allows edge labels to be aligned with the edge slope.
- Table styles are now part of the Network Style and are applied to the node and edge tables.
- New App Store panel has replaced the old “App Manager”
- The search bar is faster and more reliable. There are new types of search queries available such as numeric range queries.
Additional Improvements and New Features
- The mouse wheel now zooms to the location of the mouse pointer.
- Shape Annotations now support color gradients.
- New Visual Properties for node and edge label background color.
- Network image export is much faster.
- Edge bundling is faster and uses significantly less memory.
- New native installer for Mac computers with Apple Silicon.
- The Image Manager has been streamlined for ease of use.
- Networks in the Network panel can now be sorted alphabetically.
- New toolbar button in the edge table can be used to map node table columns into the edge table.
For App and Notebook Developers
- Cytoscape now uses Java 17
- JavaFX version upgraded to 18.0.2
- The OpenCL app has been moved into core. OpenCL support is now part of the Cytoscape API as the ‘cycl-api’ bundle.
- The TableVisualMappingManager has new API methods for working with table styles.
- The network view can now be exported using new commands “view export png, view export pdf, view export jpg, etc”. These commands provide additional parameters that can fine tune the results for each format.
- New LEN() equation function returns the length of a list.
- String Tunables have a “password” property that causes the text field to be masked.
- The framework-cytoscape.log file no longer grows forever. Log entries are deleted after 30 days.
How to Report Bugs
Your bug reports are very important to improve quality of future versions of Cytoscape 3. If you notice any problems, please report them from:
Help → Report a bug...
Or, you can directly report it from
Report a bug link on the navigation bar.
We need your feedback to improve Cytoscape 3! Please send your questions and comments to our