Release Notes for Cytoscape 3.7.2
About Version 3.7.2
Cytoscape 3.7.2 was released as a hotfix for a CyNDEx-2 bug where the JXBrowser component could not be downloaded.
Deprecating 32 bit OS Support, Deprecated Java 6 & 7 Support
We will no longer be testing Cytoscape releases on 32 bit OSs.
Java 8 is Required -- Automatically Installed
For Windows and Mac users, the Cytoscape installer automatically downloads and installs Java 8 if it's not available on your workstation. For Linux, please use Java 8 as described below.
- Windows XP and newer (including Windows 7, 8 and 10). 64 bit version is recommended.
- Cytoscape installer automatically downloads a suitable Java 8 if none is available on your workstation. You can manually download and install latest version of
Oracle Java 8. OpenJDK and other implementations are not tested.
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and later
- Cytoscape installer automatically downloads a suitable Java 8 if none is available on your workstation. You can manually download and install latest version of Oracle Java 8.
- Tested on
Latest version of Java is required (minimum Java 8 Update 151).
For Ubuntu, a simple way of installing the Oracle JVM is described
- Java 8 must be on the PATH (ahead of any other JVM) or referenced by JAVA_HOME environment variable.
How to Report Bugs
Your bug reports are very important to improve quality of future versions of Cytoscape 3. If you notice any problems, please report them from:
Help → Report a bug...
Or, you can directly report it from
Report a bug link on the navigation bar.
We need your feedback to improve Cytoscape 3! Please share your questions and join our